In 2016, the demand for an equal RIGHT TO TREATMENT of serious mental illness is becoming a central force for positive change.
OUR PRIMARY MISSION: California Must Budget Equal Access and Quality in Public Health Care for both mental and physical illnesses. End the separate and unequal system. MediCal Insurance Must Guarantee access to the same “medically necessary treatment” for mental and physical illnesses. EQUAL & UNIFIED
THESE CONDITIONS MUST CHANGE:
- California does not recognize serious mental illness as a legitimate medical condition.
- Medicaid insurance in public health guarantees “medically necessary treatment”for physical illnesses–and denies this right for serious mental illnesses.
- The state obtains a “waiver” from the federal government that allows county systems to deny equal treatment for serious mental illnesses. There are no guarantees.
- Medicaid/MediCal insurance isolates serious mental illness from mainstream medicine –and creates an artificial divide between mental and physical Health Care.
- Prop 63 annual revenue of $1.5 billion must fund full parity to expand programs required by MHSA law, serve individuals required by law, and end the crisis-driven system.
FACTS is a partnership with families, consumers, and direct providers who are fighting for mental health parity, which means equal rights to treatment for physical and mental illnesses, equal access, and equal standards of care.
PROP 63 REVENUE MUST NOW TARGET EXPANSION OF EQUALITY–and the state must enforce provisions of the law enacted by voters.
SEE OUR WEBSITE –ACTION ON RIGHT TO TREATMENT right2treatment.org
TRUE STORIES START IN POSTS BELOW.